Lahore: Short circuit causes inferno in a house of Shad Bagh which leaves ashes of 6 children of the same family.
Triple story house of Qaiser Shah in Shad Bagh scheme number 2 near Tokkay wala chowk, engulfed with fire due to short circuit, In the early morning of Sunday.
At that time, three son’s of Qaiser Shah were sleeping in the ground floor while his three daughters were busy in prayers with their mother at the second floor. A glitch in the power supply of ground floor causes fire after that the blaze covered the whole house which results in the death of all six children of the family.
Firefighters reached the spot on the emergency call of the neighbors. They controlled the fire within 4 hours but failed to save the lives of the children. A neighbor told media that firefighters came in 3 hours after the call and they were at the spot without adequate equipments. This negligence of Rescue 1122 caused deaths of children.
15 years old Minahil, 9 years old Dua, 7 years old Neha, 12 years old Ali, and 1.5 years old twin brothers Azan and Azhan were killed in this incident. While their mother is under medication in a nearby hospital where her condition is critical as told by doctors.
Qaiser Shah lives jointly with his 4 brothers but At the time of the incident no adult male was at home. As, Qaiser shah was in the mosque of Data Darbar with his three brothers for special prayers while his one brother was at his medical store.
Funeral prayer of children was offered in the local park of Kot Khawaja Saeed in which a lot of people including MNA Ghazali Saleem appeared.
President Mamnoon Hussain and Prime minister expressed grief with the unfortunate family while Chief minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif ordered the investigation of the incident.