Pakistani cricketer turned politician Imran Khan wedded TV anchor Reham Khan in a confidential ceremonial last month. Initially refusing reports of their marriage, Mr Khan has now accepted to get married Reham amid a storm in his democracy ended his marriage.
Here are 10 things to know about Reham Khan:
- Reham Khan, 41, works with Dawn News, a Pakistan-based private news channel. This woman is a current affairs anchor with the channel and hosts the showIn Focus.
- Born in Libya to Pakistani parents, Reham, remained educated frequently in Britain.
- Ms Khan initiated her career as a weather forecaster at BBC. She later also worked with the BBC as a broadcast journalist. She has also been a breakfast news broadcaster with Sunshine Radio Hereford & Worcester in UK.
- In 2013, Reham Khan motivated back to Pakistan and combined the Pakistani news channel News One to cover the Pakistan elections.
- Ms Khan has been first wedded to psychologist Ijaz Rehman earlier. She has three children with him – Sahir, Ridha and Inaya.
- Reham has a Bachelor’s degree in Education and pursued her Masters in Sociology. She advanced switched to a course in journalism and says that she rewarded for it by moonlighting as a TV projector for Legal TV for two hours a day.
- On her website she defines herself as journalist, anchor, and fighter.
- Actual fond of travelling, she says she is “very free-spirited.” In her profile on BBC South Today, she said, “I was born in the middle of the Sahara desert while my parents were there and that’s probably why I have a Bedouin spirit!”
- Attacked and vilified on social media ever in the meantime news of her marriage to Imran Khan became public, Ms Khan recently deleted her Facebook account. She has 89,700 followers on Twitter.
- Imran’s sister Aleema has reportedly refused to meet his new wife, after saying in an interview that he deprived of his marriage when the family asked him about it.